What We Believe…
The following are some of the basic truths that we believe. If you have a more specific question, you may contact the office either by phone or e-mail. We do provide a full doctrinal statement to those considering membership.
What we believe about the Bible is foundational to everything we believe about God! It is through the Bible God chose to reveal Himself: God’s person and work; The origin of God’s creation with its purpose and future; God’s relationship to man; and God’s choices available to man regarding life, living, and eternity. And, since we believe that the Word of God is the final authority for all our faith and practice, then the Bible we hold in our hands must be absolutely accurate, true, and trustworthy.
- We believe the Old and New Testament (66 books) to be the verbally and plenarily inspired Word of God.
- We believe the Bible to be both infallible and inerrant.
- We believe these same Scriptures to be divinely preserved for the English speaking people in the KJV. (Ps. 12:6-7; Matt. 5:8; II Tim. 3:16-17; II Pet. 1:20-21)
- We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each co-eternal, co-identical in nature, coequal in power and glory.
Person and Work of Christ:
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death and shedding of blood on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God the Father where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate for all believers.
Sin and Salvation:
- We believe in Adam the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God – under eternal condemnation.
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God offered freely to all and is received by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ – Whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins.
- We believe that all who reject Jesus Christ as their Saviour are already condemned to an eternity in the Lake of Fire.
- Baptism by immersion is a picture of our salvation and in no way a part of salvation. Scriptural baptism must be administrated by a church that is Biblical in its teaching about salvation and baptism.
- The Lord’s Supper is a memorial commemorating our Lord’s suffering and a testimony of our confident hope. It does not provide saving grace nor forgiveness of sin.
- We believe the Local Church is God’s only institution commissioned to carry out His work today.
- The Local Church is composed of members who have been saved, scripturally baptized, and have voluntarily united together for the purpose of worship, fellowship, obedience and service.
- We believe the Local Church has two Biblical offices: The Pastor and the Deacons.
- We believe the Local Church is to be independent and autonomous.
- We believe there is to be a separation of powers of the church and the state.
- We believe a literal interpretation of the scripture regarding the end times.
- We believe in a pre-tribulation rapture of all the believers followed by a seven year tribulation. During this time the believers will face the Judgment seat of Christ.
- We believe after the seven year tribulation that Christ will return to earth for a one thousand year reign in righteousness.
- After the millennium will be the Great White Throne Judgment followed by a new heaven and a new earth.
- We believe God intended for music to play a vital role in worship, praise, encouragement, and instruction for the believer.
- We believe that the words of the music must be scripturally sound in context.
- We believe that the music must be sacred and God-honoring.